This post covers the most important changes recently made to MFormats SDK, our innovative multimedia framework, and now available with version 188.8.131.5252. The full list of changes can be found in the Release notes.
Here's what we think are the top improvements to MFormats SDK:
- We have completed integrating AJA into our SDKs - now available with both MFormats SDK and MPlatform SDK. We are quite happy with their drivers and the new Corvid 88 board. In addition to AJA, we also support I/O devices by Blackmagic Design, Deltacast and Stream Labs.
- H.265 encoding is now available on Nvidia's latest Maxwell GM20x GPUs (GTX980, 970, 960) and future Quadro/Tesla/GRID platforms based on GM20x GPUs.
- Updated to FFmpeg build 2015-01-11 (2.3.6 official release).
- Added support for delaying the stream for a specified time (MDelay feature).
- Added Chroma Key plugin support (licensed separately).
- Added support for Closed Captions plugin (licensed separately).
New posts in the Knowledge base:
- H.264 encoding options
- Frame rate control
- Indexing of files for faster seeking
- External decoding
- Playback while recording